The latest cosmetic research from Korea
On this episode, Lauren discusses some of the research and development currently being undertaken in Korea into medical-grade, ordinary and functional cosmetics resulting in new patents. From UV blocking, skin whitening, anti-aging, hair loss, anti-inflammatory and more, many Korean manufacturers and researchers are discovering new ingredients. Plus, are genderless cosmetics finally making waves in Korea?
CONNECT WITH ME
My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
The Latest Cosmetic Research from Korea
- Korean Beauty companies conduct a lot of research and development into both cosmetics and medical grade ingredients. Much of this is done by ODM / OEM manufacturers and little of it gets reported by western media. Instead, it gets sold onto the brands who formulate with the ingredients.
- As of May 202, 218 Korean patents were announced in a range of research fields:
- 17 in the field of anti-inflammatory and atopic
- 14 in moisturising
- 13 in UV blocking
- 12 in the fields of "skin whitening", "hair growth", "hair loss", and "hair loss prevention" and "lipstick, mascara and eye makeup"
- 9 in wrinkle & skin improvement,
- "extraction," "emulsification, emulsion, surfactant," and "solid cosmetics, foundation and powder."
- The research and development is being conducted into many different ingredients as well, including some really interesting things like mixed extract of Noni and parsley, bottled grass extract, perilla seed oil, oak fruit oil, frog claw extract, abalone-derived peptides
- These are not just ingredients and products in the field of ordinary cosmetics but functional and medical grade cosmetics as well
Gender Free Cosmetics
Gender free cosmetics are making their way into Korean news and some local brands have even launched their own lines.
In some cases, there is not much difference between "unisex" and "genderless" and the marketing is often interchangeable
But gender-free, gender neutral and genderless are technically different from unisex because they invoke the concept of gender neutrality whereas unisex simply means it can be used regardless of your gender.
Several local Korean brands have launched without gender boundaries and some existing brands have also released "Genderless" lines.
Question of the Week: Does STYLE STORY ship to the UK and what’s the deal with customs?
- Yes, we definitely do - we have plenty of customers in the UK!
- Customs and duty are dictated by the UK Govt - for more information visit the UK Government's website.
New K-Beauty Products
More luxury Korean Beauty products are now available at STYLE STORY from Amore Pacific owned brand Sulwhasoo:
- A luxury Korean Beauty moisturiser that helps to fortify mature skin.
- Not only does it firm skin it also strengthens the skin for an overall younger looking appearance.
- JISUN Firming Complex™ is a key firming substance. Other ingredients include Lycium Chinese Fruit extract.
- A luxury Korean Beauty serum featuring encapsulated ginseng
- Gel serum
- Improves texture and tone
- Sulwhasoo has been working with Korean Ginseng for many years
- Ginseng Seed Oil works as a complexion booster.
New K-Beauty Reviews
My makeup just melts off
"The Subì Bare Skin Balm almost feels too decadent to be legal. My makeup literally melts off my face, leaving my skin feeling clean and fresh, with a beautiful citrus scent. I’ve already stocked up on another tub."
Recommendation of the Week - The Missing Crypto Queen
- A true crime podcast hosted by Jamie Bartlett of the BCC
- Follows the true story of Dr Ruja Ignatova, who persuaded millions to part with their money in one of the biggest pyramid schemes in history.
- Defrauded investors of over $4 billion through a company called One Coin, a centralized currency hosted on OneCoin Ltd's servers.
- She is now on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted persons list
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Kbeauty