Episode Title: The K-Beauty Product That Took 2 Years to Make
On this week's Kbeauty news roundup episode of the Korean Beauty Show podcast, Lauren discusses the latest headlines. The Korean Government's plans to build a biomedical hub in Osong. The process of bringing Jelly Ko's latest product to life. The delays that caused it to take over two years. Plus, a recommendation for the K-drama and Korean reality TV fans.
K-Beauty News Headlines
The Korean government has revealed its plans to build a biomedical hub in Osong in Korea. This includes a cluster of government-funded healthcare and medical agencies. In addition, it includes biomedical facilities, a high-tech medical complex, key research support facilities and more.
The plan is to try to attract foreigners to the area for medical tourism and to live, with foreign schools, hospitals and pharmacies.
Summer Scalp Care
In Korea, summer is the season when the scalp is most prone to stress and pre-existing scalp problems can often worsen. This is because both the skin and the scalp are more stimulated by ultraviolet rays and excessive sebum, which weakens the scalp and cause damage.
Clio Cosmetic's Stock Price Takes a Dive
The stock price outlook for Clio has fallen dramatically, by around 33% in the past three months. This is due to a sharp drop in Chinese demand due and growing market volatility, including concerns over global inflation and the U.S. central bank's interest rate hike.
New K-Beauty Releases on STYLE STORY
- After 2 years in production, Jelly Ko's latest product, Cinnamon Toast Sugar Scrub, is finally ready.
- Lauren discusses some of the many issues the team faced in bringing the project to light, including issues with tube packaging and more.
- Cinnamon Toast Sugar Scrub Foam is a unique cleanser and sugar exfoliator in one. It is gentle enough to use even on sensitive skin thanks to its unique customisable cleanse function, that allows you to be in control of how exfoliating the product is.
- The product blends tiny sugar extracts with Ceramides & Vitamin E to keep the skin healthy and soft while cleansing and a dollop of Willow Bark extract, a gentle type of BHA.
K-Beauty Product Reviews on STYLE STORY
- Beautiful Skin Coverage
- "This product leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth and glowing while providing a great coverage and hiding blemishes. 5 stars!"
- Great breakout control
- "This cream has helped with my oiliness as well as keeping breakouts at a minimum. Generally evening out my skin tone. Instead of a pimple coming up, I’ll get a mild red dot that never goes further. The redness is reduced and after using for a couple of months a makeup girl was shocked that I wasn’t wearing any makeup when she went to take it off for a colour match."
Recommendation of the Week - Viki App
- Rakuten Viki is a great app to use if you’re wanting to catch up on Korean dramas and reality TV shows but don’t speak Korean. They have the shows translated into a lot of different languages, including English and often Spanish.
- They don’t always have the latest drama releases but they do have a great back catalogue of great old dramas.
- I think there are some paid features within the app and potentially different tiers, from what I can remember from using it. A good option for those looking to explore more Kdramas outside of what’s available on Disney Plus and Netflix.
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for K-Beauty