Have you ever wondered why your eye cream isn’t working? You’re not alone.
Today, we’re deep diving on eye cream formulas, what they’re supposed to do and how to get the best out of your eye cream.
Did you know that the skin around your eyes is almost ten times thinner than the rest of the skin on your face?
Using an eye cream isn’t just something you should be doing once you start seeing fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes – these specialist moisturisers can help protect parts of your face that are particularly vulnerable to your environment.
With any skincare though, it can be frustrating if you’re not getting the results promised from the product.Eye creams are no different.
When talking about eye creams, it’s always great to remember why we use them. As our skin ages, we get less of the benefits of hydration from our natural oils. Sebum helps to keep our moisture levels in check, but with less efficacy over time, our skin gradually loses its collagen and elasticity.
Given the skin around our eyes is so thin, this is usually the first place you’ll spot signs of aging.
While aging affects us all differently, there are some things that can accelerate the effects of aging on our skin. If you’re a frequent smoker, drinker and/or are frequently in the sun, it’s best to keep an eye on how your skin is tracking.
1. Give it time – Depending on the product, skincare needs time before you start seeing visible results, and eye creams are no different. As a general rule, eye creams take about four to six weeks to start showing their goodness.
2. Don’t go overboard – It can be tempting to slather eye creams on nice and thick. More equals better results, right? Not really. Eye creams only work up to a certain point, putting on too much can overdo your oil balances and lead to pesky things like milia.
3. Remember sunscreen – UV is one of the biggest environmental culprits that can accelerate aging. If you’re not using a sunscreen with the right amount of SPF protection, no amount of eye cream will help.
4. Get enough sleep – One of the best ways to slow down aging is one that doesn’t even need a huge skincare routine. Getting the right amount of sleep for you is the original skincare gamechanger – your routine is the cherry on top.
5. Manage expectations – Even if you’re using a great eye cream, there isn’t an eye cream that can reverse the signs of aging. If you’re concerned about how the skin around your eyes is looking and the eye creams just aren’t cutting it, it’s always best to check with dermatologist for other options.
For a luxurious eye cream that won’t break the bank, we can’t stop APLB’s Daily Miracle Eye Cream from flying off the shelves. Addressing all the key concerns of undereye aging such eye bags, fine lines and puffiness, this eye cream is paced with peptides, niacinamide and propolis to revitalise the skin around your eyes.
A long time favourite of jet-setting flight attendants, d’Alba’s White Truffle Multi Treatment Eye Cream helps you fight the appearance of fine lines no matter where you are in the world. White Truffle helps revive tired skin and provide and lock in intensive moisture, helping to smooth out wrinkles.
If you’re looking for some additional brightening to reduce dark circles under your eyes, Purito’s Centella Green Level Eye Cream will tick your boxes. A great summertime eye cream, this lightweight formulation is 100% vegan and fragrance free, making it especially suited for sensitive skin.
Not only does APLB Propolis Collagen Eye Cream reduce the appearance of wrinkles, crow’s feet, and improve elasticity under your eyes, it also does the same around your marionette lines and on your neck! Considering the giant 70ml size, this eye cream slash neck cream slash laugh line cream is great bang for buck.
Have you ever wondered why your eye cream isn’t working? Let us know your experience with eye creams in the comments section.
"The skin around your eyes is almost ten times thinner than the rest of the skin on your face"- Fact
Comments will be approved before showing up.