STYLE STORY is kicking off a new blog series – My Style, My Story – based on the skin stories of K-Beauty lovers in Australia!
To start off our series, we will be featuring STYLE STORY’s most fanatic Korean Beauty lovers – the SS Team!
First cab off the rank is our R&D Consultant Sandy:
Skin type: Sensitive/Combination, Dehydrated Skin
Skin goals: To hydrate and moisturise skin, prevent acne, minimise blackheads and reduce redness.
Fun fact about my skincare: My favourite ingredient is Hyaluronic Acid, and I can’t live without my Clarisonic!
My Skincare Story
I am undoubtedly a skincare and cosmetics junkie. I grew up surrounded by girls who were blessed with “normal’ skin, which prompted me to start taking care of my skin from an early age.
I’ve loved experimenting with skincare and still do so, even though I’ve amassed a number of Holy Grail “HG” products since my teens that I keep using.
My Morning Skincare Routine
Although it might seem like I use a lot of products, my skincare routine is not set in stone. I customise it based on how I’m feeling on the day, the season, and whether I’m using products containing “active” chemicals.
- Cleanse with Tosowoong Enzyme Powder Wash. On days when I am experiencing acne or breakouts, I use the Meishoku Bigansui Medicated Lotion on affected areas. On non-acne days, I’ll pat on the Muji High Moisture Light Toning Water after cleansing.
- Moisturise with Mizon Multi Function Formula Snail Recovery Gel Cream.
- Slip-slop-slap with Kao Biore Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50++ PA+++ before applying my makeup.
My Night Skincare Routine
- I remove my makeup with an oil cleanser – my favourites are the popular Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm and the Muji Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil. The balm cleanses a tad more, but I prefer “pump” products for the convenience and hygiene.
- If I’m not using my Clarisonic, I’ll use Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Natural Facial Scrub to exfoliate, before cleansing with the Sana Hadanomy Aquaplacenta Wash.
- If I’m using “actives” (cue COSRX BHA Blackhead Power Liquidor COSRX AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid), I’ll pat them on after cleansing and wait for around 20 minutes.
- If I’m not using actives, I swipe my skin with a COSRX One Step Pimple Clear Pad.
- Next are serums and lotions – I apply my HG Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum, COSRX OIL-FREE Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion (with Birch Sap) and COSRX Hyaluronic Acid Hydra Power Essence.
- Sheet mask time! My HG masks are from Mediheal – M.F. Aquaring Ampoule Mask and H.D.P. Pore Stamping Charcoal Mineral Mask. I leave them on for 20 minutes and pat the leftover essence in.
- I don’t like using thick moisturisers in summer, so I opt for water-based ones. I have been alternating between Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX and the Hokkaido Herb Hill Furano Lavender Water Cream for years.
- I always slather St Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer all over my neck to finish!
I rarely use clay masks as they break me out, but the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Maskis amazing. Not only does it not cause me to breakout, it also smooths my skin really well. I make sure I always have some spare.
My Top Korean Beauty Finds In 2017
COSRX for Acne Control
In 2017, I’ve introduced COSRX and Mediheal products to my routine. My main focus is to keep my skin hydrated, and minimise acne and breakouts.
I’ve been using COSRX’s active liquids and the rest of the line for about 5 weeks. So far, I have seen and felt a vast improvement in the texture of my skin. It’s a lot smoother and my skin tone is clearer too!
Mediheal and Sheet Masks
Although I’ve used sheet masks for a while, it wasn’t until I discovered Mediheal masks that I’ve become a massive sheet-mask convert. These masks are the most hydrating masks I’ve ever used, and as a bonus, they contain a copious amount of thick essence within each pack! Very good value, in my opinion.
Why I Love Korean Beauty Products
Korean Beauty products are affordable and a little product goes a long way. I love the Korean focus on layering products. I find it’s a great way to invest “quality time” in my skin. As someone who grew up not embracing her skin, following an Asian Beauty routine has really taught me how to take care of it and I think it’s been well worth it!
Want To Share Your Skin Story With Us?!
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for a chance to be featured on our Blog!
STYLE STORY Xo