On this episode, we're talking about the iconic Korean skincare store closing its doors forever and why it all came crashing down. Plus, what's going on with the rise of virtual influencers in Korea? Tune into the show for all this and more.
CONNECT WITH ME
My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Kbeauty News Headlines
The Iconic Korean Skincare Store Closing Its Doors
- Lalavla has announced that the remaining branches of all its stores will close by the end of November 2022
- The owner, GS Retail, announced that it will instead focus on convenience stores and online sales.
- Previously known as Watsons Korea, Lalavla changed its name in 2017, after GS Retail's acquired it in 2017.
- Several years ago, the brand had as many as 200 stores but only 34 remain in the post-pandemic era.
- Throughout the pandemic, sales fell by almost 40% in some quarters, leading to the decision to close it altogether.
How to give yourself a Korean face massage
- I was featured in Better Homes and Gardens talking through my best tips for eliminating bloating and puffiness to achieve a 'V-Line'.
- Take a look if you're after some Korean facial massage tips and tricks to help your skin look alive after a night with no sleep.
The Rise of Virtual Influencers in Korea
- CNN is reporting on the trend of "virtual influencers" in Korea.
- Unlike the real thing, these ones are 100% CGI generated, meaning they are always impeccable, and never run out of steam
- After the constant scandals that real life influencers find themselves embroiled in, companies are instead embracing fake, computer generated influencers.
- Not only are they scandal free, they never age and are apparently cheaper to shoot content with because they don't require expensive shoots, locations, makeup and model fees.
- Two popular CGI influencers are Lucy, created by Lotte Home Shopping, and Rozy.
- They all have the typical Kbeauty look though, with perfect skin, glossy hair and big eyes.
View this post on Instagram
Question of the Week - What Is Your Favourite Serum for Calming Redness?
Which serum will work best to get rid of redness will really depend on what is causing the redness in the first place. Is it rosacea, acne, acne scars, inflammation?
For general sensitivities, try Jumiso Super Soothing Cica & Aloe Facial Serum. Because it contains Centella Asiatica Extract ( 41%) and Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (31%) it offers great calming results for all skin types.
For moderate acne or rosacea, try AXIS-Y Dark Spot Correcting Glow Serum. This is a 5% niacinamide serum that's perfect for dark spots and uneven skin tone because it contains skin brightening niacinamide. Plus, the addition of plant-derived squalane means it helps the skin retain moisture.
For red spots and marks left over after acne, try Innisfree Truecare Vitamin C 20 Ampoule. This is perfect for those looking to create a more vibrant complexion because it has a high percentage of Vitamin C. However, it may not be the best fit for really irritated or sensitive skin. Similarly, this might be one to skip for those with rosacea.
For general redness and sensitivities, I have personally had great results using iUNIK Tea Tree Relief Serum(50ml). This not only calms and soothes skin, it also helps to nourish it. That's because it contains tea tree (67%), centella asiatica (20%) and portulaca extract
New Kbeauty releases
- We've expanded our range of Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks including Grapefruit, Choco Mint and Apple Lime.
- Check out Koelf's gorgeous Rose Petal Hand Masks if you're after a gift for someone special or if you'd like to treat your own hands to a mini day spa experience.
New Kbeauty reviews
- Perfect for a day of self-care - 4 stars for 23 Years Old Aqua Baobab Modeling Masks
- "I was lucky enough to try this mask as part of the testers club but I’ll be honest, the first time I tried it I found it a bit painful mixing and applying it but then the results left me with the glowiest dewy skin. The second time I really enjoyed the experience, it has a real sensorial feel. As this mask takes time to work, it is best to leave for a day when you’re not in a rush or a for a self-care day. The sachets are very generous too, one sachet could probably spread over two uses."
- APLB Collagen Propolis Eye Cream- 5 Stars
- Best Eye Cream In The World!
- I have such dry skin around my eyes and have tried so many different eye creams to look less tired/younger. I cannot recommend this Collagen Eye Cream enough. It feels so creamy and smooth on my skin and it also helps my makeup sit a lot better around my eye area.
- Tosowoong Spot Whitening Vita Clinic Cream - 5 Stars
- My Favourite K-Beauty Product
- I cannot rave about this product enough. I use it every day and my skin absolutely soaks it up. Huge call but it's my all time fave K-Beauty product!
- APLB Vitamin C Serum
Podcast Review of the Week
The most up to the minute k-beauty podcast
- "It’s so difficult to find current news and information on what’s trending in k-beauty when you’re living in the west. If you’re a tired of hearing about snail mucin 🐌 Lauren’s podcasts, hosted directly from Seoul are super informative and completely up to speed with what’s actually going on in the k-beauty world at the moment."
Recommendation of the Week - Floods
- Korea has experienced some of the worst flooding in 80 years, in particular around Seoul and Gyeonggi this past week.
- Take a look at the Korean Beauty Show Chat Facebookgroup for photos and an update on how it looks on the ground in Korea.