Skincare That Reduces Retinol Irritation
On this episode, Lauren shares the latest Korean research aiming to develop a retinol product that reduces the risk of skin irritation based off genetic data. She also discusses a new tone-up cream and green tea toner that's perfect for oily skin. And shares her recommendation of the week for Mums of babies and soon-to-be Mums.
CONNECT WITH ME
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Tik Tok: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSaHUgHL/
Download Your Free Guide to K-Beauty: https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe?a=XgHS8t&g=SmUKy
Episode Summary - Skincare That Reduces Retinol Irritation
Korean News Headlines
Korean Cosmetics Sector Expected to Grow in Q3-4 2022
Korean Chamber of Commerce has predicted that Korean cosmetics sector is expected to grow in the second half of this year despite a grim economic outlook
The sector is viewed more favourably than electronics, pharmaceuticals, and home appliances
LG H&H Conducts Study into How to Reduce Irritation in Retinol Users
- Researchers from LG H&H inn Korea have identified 30 genetic markers related to the susceptibility of individuals to reduce retinol irritation.
- Their study is trying to lay the foundation for safer retinol use
- Scientists gathered Korean genetic data in customers with retinol sensitive skin and normal skin without sensitivity to retinol by conducting a study with 173 test subjects.
- The subjects applied retinol for 3 days, followed by a rest for 4 days, and repeated the process over 3 weeks. The concentration of retinol would increase every week
- At the conclusion of the study, test subjects were given surveys to fill out
- A high proportion of subjects in the sensitive skin group reported irritation. They were also much more likely to stop using the retinol due to irritation
- Burning, itching and erythema were the 3 most common side effects
- The investigation then identified materials that can alleviate the irritation with a view to developing new cosmetic formula
- LG H&H have completed 2 domestic patent applications on this basis.
Question of the Week: How do I know which BB Cream shade is right for me?
- There are essentially two ways - through trial and error; or get in touch with our team and we can assist to match you. All we need is a picture of your skin without makeup (if you are comfortable to send one through) or else your current foundation shade and undertones.
New Kbeauty Products on the STYLE STORY Site
Secret Key Snow White Cream (50g)
A great all-in-one base cream that instantly livens up a dull complexion, while also hydrating the skin.
- The versatile formula is perfect to wear on its own or in conjunction with your other makeup.
- It is ideal for neutralising redness
Benton Deep Green Tea Toner (150ml)
- Contains 53% green tea ingredients from Boseong, the most famous area for harvesting green tea in Korea.
- Benton Deep Green Tea Toner helps to maintain oil-water balance in the skin
- A perfect fit for oily skin, combination skin, and skin with excess oil
New Kbeauty Reviews on STYLE STORY
"I CAN'T STOP USING THIS!
I am shook. And SO EXCITED to see what else Jelly Ko will bring out. Because no joke the steam cream is my favourite moisturiser, and now this toner is my favourite. Texture is like a thick watery gel. Smell is YUMMY like lollies but not sickening. Absorbs in amazing. Layers well. And also is the only product I can use on the sensitive skin of my chest/decolletage that doesn't give me red bumps."
"BEST BB cream I've used
I don't usually leave reviews, but I absolutely had to for this BB cream. I've heard Lauren talk about it on her podcast and was really keen to try it out for myself. I've got shade 21 and it's just perfect for everyday wear. It blends so easily and looks like my own skin but better.
I'd say it's light to medium coverage and gives my skin a really lovely glow. I do find it goes on a little bit shiny (and I've got an oily t-zone), so I set it with the Innisfree No Sebum Powderand that works really well for me. And best of all, I don't feel like I'm wearing anything, but I feel confident that my skin looks really healthy and even-toned. Absolutely love this cream and I will definitely repurchase.
Special thanks to Lauren for helping me choose which shade to buy - she was spot on, shade 21 is perfect for me! :)"
Recommendation of the Week - Korean Baby Carrier
- This week's recommendation is for the Mums - the Pognae is a Korean baby carrier with a really unique 3-in-1 design featuring a baby carrier, a hip seat, and a hipseat and carrier.
Pognae was founded in 2005 and all their processes are 100% made in South Korea through rigid quality management.
- Pognae is the top seller in South Korea's department stores and duty-free shops.
- It's one multiple awards in Japan, France and Korea and is so comfortable and easy to use.
- It great from birth til about 2-3 years old and is the perfect gift for a new mum or mum-to-be.
Did You Enjoy This Episode - Skincare That Reduces Retinol Irritation? If so, share it with a friend.
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Kbeauty