Episode Title:Retinol Tips from a Korean Dermatologist
On today's episode of the Korean Beauty Show podcast, Lauren discusses a Korean dermatologist's retinol tips, answers a listener's question on picking the best Korean red ginseng product and shares some new releases from SOME BY MI.
CONNECT WITH ME
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club:https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Kbeauty news headlines
Retinol Tips from a Korean Dermatologist
Retinol can cause skin irritation because retinoic acid penetrates the cell. Severe irritation can result from as little as 3,300 IU of retinol.
However, while products with too low retinol content can help to avoid irritation, they have a reduced ability to change things like wrinkles as well.
Professor Jeong Jin-ho of the dermatology department at Seoul National University Hospital gives the following tips for reducing retinol irritation:
- Gradually increase retinol concentration
- Apply retinol at intervals of several days, gradually narrowing the gap
- Avoid the eyes and lips
- Take care when storing retinol - make sure no air or light enters the product
- Use it at night when there is less sunlight; wash off in the morning
- Make sure to wear sunscreen when using retinol.
Nowcos, the company at the centre of hte Korean sunscreen scandal, has been acquired
- Appealma Capital has acquired more than 50% stake in Nowcos in a transaction reportedly worth 20 billion won.
- Nowcos is an OEM / ODM manufacturer founded in 2000.
- You might remember the name as being one of the companies at the centre of the scandal. They made sunscreens for Purito, Klairs, Dr Ceuracle, SOME BY MI, Banobagi, Mediheal and more
- They weren’t the only ODM / OEM manufacturer implicated
Question of the Week
"I tried researching a good red ginseng product but I’m not sure which one to choose. Can you please recommend one?"
- When it comes to red ginseng in Korea, the three big brands are Donginbi, Sooryehan and Sulwhasoo
- Sooryehan is owned by LG Household and Health
- Sulwhasoo by Amore Pacific
- My pick is History of Whoo Red Wild Ginseng Facial Oil
New Kbeauty releases
- The serum has been very popular since its release
The new releases contain citrus Yuzu, a hybrid of mandarin and lemon. It provides your skin with a large amount of Vitamin C, which will help with spots, but also even out your skin tone as a whole.
- Yuja is a Korean Beauty replacement for traditional L-Ascorbic Acid (pure Vitamin C) because it is more stable.
Thetoner, sleeping mask and gel cream all combine 90% Yuja with 5% niacinamide
New Kbeauty reviews
- Jelly Ko Dewy Glaze Toner- 5 Stars
- This is a good Toner, totally different to any others but It feels good on my skin no sticky residue once it goes into the skin. Would reccommend it is lovely before makeup.
- Tosowoong Ovalicin Cream - 5 stars
- Excellent product in calming red irritated acne
- Really enjoyed using this product! It helped calm my red acne skin as well as give it a nice cooling affect! Would buy again! :)
- Bubble Tea Steam Cream - 5 Stars
- Lovely Moisturiser sinks into my skin no stick feeling afterwards. Being older I try to keep my skin as best as possible love this Cream.
Podcast Review of the Week
Hands down the best K-Beauty Podcast by kayleigh911 on July 6, 2022
- This is hands down my favourite podcast when it comes to K-Beauty! Lauren is so nice to listen to, she is very knowledgeable and has such a great insight on the K-Beauty world. I have learn A LOT from this podcast and I love hearing all of her beauty advise which comes straight from Seoul. I love the product recommendations and have purchased a few items that have really made a transformation in my skin. Great job Lauren and I look forward to your weekly podcasts! ❤️
Recommendation of the Week - Korean tattoo account
- @pittakkm is a talented Korean tattoo artist who uses traditional colours from Korean paintings to create tattoos depicting scenes from Korea, Korean-inspired art etc
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Beauty