New Korean Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Available
In episode 205 of the Korean Beauty Show podcast Lauren discusses the popular Korean anti-wrinkle treatment now available overseas. Plus, Manyo Factory is going public and the Korean Promotion Agency reveals some interesting stats about why foreigners are buying Korean cosmetics and which brands are the most well known overseas.
CONNECT WITH ME
Style Story’s Instagram:www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club:https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Korean Culture Has a Great Impact on People Deciding To Use Korean Products
- The Korea Health Industry Promotion Agency announced the results of a survey on overseas awareness in the health industry
- Korean cosmetics have a high recognition and positive rate, especially in Asia
- Korean cosmetics ranked third among the 13 countries surveyed.
- The cosmetics company that most people knew was LG Household & Health Care (77.4%), followed by AmorePacific (53.2%), Aekyung Industrial (35.6%), Cosmecca Korea (33.5%), Cosmax (29.5%), VTGMP (24.8%), and Kolmar Korea (21.5%), which were generally similar to the ranking of sales of domestic beauty companies.
- Korean culture such as K-pop and movies has had a great influence on overseas consumers.
- 6 out of 10 people answered that they buy and use products under the influence of Korean culture
- In particular, medical devices (80.6%) were most influenced by Korean culture.
Manyo Factory Going Public
Manyo Factory will make an initial public offering (IPO) to the secondary KOSDAQ market next month. They will offer 2 million shares for public subscription at a desired price between 12,000 won (US$9.09) and 14,000 won per share.
- The company was founded in 2012 and posted a net profit of 17.3 billion won and 101.8 billion won in sales in 2022. Sales in Japan accounted for more than 50% of total sales.
- Manyo said it also plans to break into other major foreign markets, including China, the United States and Europe.
Source: Yonhap News
Australia Approves New Korean Anti-Wrinkle Injection
ANew Korean Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Available is available in Australia
For the first time in 10 years,the TGA has approved a new anti-wrinkle treatment from Korea
- Letybo (known as Botulax in Korea) is the leading anti-wrinkle treatment in South Korea, a market leader in the beauty and cosmetics industry
- The treatment has multiple health uses, including treating bladder issues, helping ease migraines and aiding those with excess sweat problems.
- It’s most commonly used for cosmetic purposes to help reduce wrinkles, because when facial muscles can’t contract, wrinkles relax and soften.
- Despite being greenlit at the end of 2022, approved practitioners are only just starting to get hold of supplies, and are already reporting a “huge demand” from clients (according to news.com.au)
TGA records reveal that the sponsor is CROMA Australia Pty Ltd
- It is popular because it works quicker than other types of anti wrinkle injections on the market
For all our US listeners I’ve checked the situation in the US and the drug is in the process of being approved by the US FDA but hashit a few snagsso is not anticipated to be available this year. Basically the FDA is requesting additional documents from the manufacturer in Korea. However, it’s accepted in around 44 countries worldwide and is apparently the market leader. It is already available in Europe
PSA: This is your last chance to pick up a bargain at our EOFYS sale - ends 30 June
Question of the Week: What K-Beauty Products Do You Recommend for Someone With Mature Skin Building Out Their Routine?
Double Cleanse: This is a great way to start your nightly routine to properly remove your SPF and/or makeup. Our best-selling double cleansing duo is a hit with many customers with mature skin.
In the morning, you can either skip cleansing altogether (if your skin is very dry) or just use the powder cleanser.
Toner:To reset your skin after cleansing and prep it to better absorb your next layers of skincare, toner is a key part of the routine. For mature skin, a hydrating style toner is definitely the way to go. Our best-seller isthis.
Essence:APLB's EGF essence is a perfect combination of texture and ingredients for your skin.
Serum:There are so many different styles of serum on the market in K-Beauty. To support aging skin there are a few ways you can go - a brightening style likethis or a gentle natural exfoliant that won't dry the skin out likethis
Moisturiser:Something lovely and rich to lock everything in night and day is important to counteract the dryness that often goes along with aging skin.This is the #1 selling product on our site.
Then in the morning, you would apply your SPF 50+.
New K-Beauty Releases on STYLE STORY
- This is a mix and match sheet mask set for the ultimate self-care skincare experience.
- Try out all five masks
- This sheet mask set contains:
- IN THE ZONE
- OLIVE ‘BOUT YOU
- TIME WARP
- UP ALL NIGHT
- As the name suggests, this sheet mask contains 15% Centella Asiatica
- It helps soothe the skin comfortably.
- In addition, it also contains green tea extract, mugwort extract, and 3 types of hyaluronic acid, it provides moisture to the skin from deep within.
Why Did You Buy This K-Beauty Product?
- "I've bought it before and really loved"
- "My one of this is running out"
- "I needed a new night cleanser and this one seemed similar to others i've tried and loved"
Recommendation of the Week: Naengmyeon (냉면)
This week I'm recommending a traditional Korean summer food, Naengmyeon. It literally means ‘cold noodles’ and is originally from Pyeongyang (in North Korea). The noodles are made of buckwheat and come served in chilled winter radish kimchi broth. The noodles are topped with fermented vegetables.
It's somewhat of an acquired taste because not only are the noodles served cold, they're actually served in a bowl of water with ice. Definitely a good one to try on a hot day!
Did You Enjoy This Episode: New Korean Anti-Wrinkle Treatment Available ?
STYLE STORY - Your Go To for Kbeauty Since 2014