Episode Title:K-Beauty Approved by Royalty
On today's Kbeauty news headlines episode of the Korean Beauty Show podcast, Lauren shares which member of the royal family has given her tick of approval to K-Beauty, plus the surprising product leading K-Beauty sales in the States. STYLE STORY and Jelly Ko are now officially signed up to donate 1% of revenue to the planet. Plus, the new releases from Purito you don't want to miss.
Podcast Review Competition -
- I will announce results once all entries are finalised. The podcast apps just take a little while to publish everything so once the reviews come through I will add them all together and select the first 5 .
K-Beauty News Headlines
K-Beauty Approved by Royalty
- First lady Kim Keon-hee and Queen Letizia of Spain discussed K-beauty products at a gala dinner in Madrid.
- The queen said she was amazed by how beautiful South Korean women were when she visited the country three years ago, and that she bought a lot of cosmetics.
K-Beauty Brands Shifting Focus to Japan and the US
- Korean cosmetic brands, which have traditionally been heavily reliant on the Chinese market, are shifting their focus to the US and Japan
- In America:
- Amorepacific announced its sales in the United States increased by 60%, with lip products making up 50% of total sales in the US.
- Korea’s presence in the global market has been expanding thanks to the success of BTS and “Squid Game.”
LG H&H will soon be releasing a mini tattoo printer in the US which will allow users to create a temporary tattoo of any image they want and print it using vegan ink.
- Meanwhile in Japan:
- Cosmetics manufacturer Cosmax has established an office in Japan and plans to construct a factory near Tokyo
Korean makeup products, have been performing well, particularly eyelash serums, mascaras and lip tints
- More Korean brands are entering the Japanese online market space
Korea Now Selling More Cosmetics Than Home Appliances
- According to the "2021 Cosmetics Production, Import, and Export Statistics" released by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, last year's cosmetics export performance was a record high of $9.183.57 billion
- Cosmetics exports were larger than home appliances ($8.6 billion)
- The sale of custom cosmetics was up 65.2% from the previous year. Custom cosmetics are those made up in store rather than at a manufacturing facility based on a customer's skin or makeup diagnosis
STYLE STORY and Jelly Ko are now official members of 1% for the planet
The gold standard for corporate environmental philanthropy, we will be donating 1% of total sales across the company’s operations.
- 1% for the planet donations can be made to organisations that support climate, food, land, pollution, water, wildlife etc
Question of the Week - How Can I Get Rid of Milia?
"Dear Lauren, Can you talk about in your next podcast how to get rid of white little bumps under the skin? (Milia) or which products you can use? I really love your show and I always enjoy listen to it! All things about Korean if its culture, the language, beauty or k-drama I would like to hear more of it. Thank you for your hard work! Kind regards Sandy"
- Mild cases of milia usually go away on their own.
- However, there are some procedures you can try at home that won't damage your skin
- A good home remedy is to steam your face.
- You can also try spot exfoliation using acids or retinoids
- Otherwise, I would recommend seeking professional assistance. An aesethetician or dermatologist can help to pick the contents out using a sterile needle. Other options include chemical peels, cryotherapy, laser etc
New Kbeauty Releases on STYLE STORY
Purito Oat In Calming Gel Cream (100ml)
- A refreshing gel cream made with Oat Seed Water.
- Lightweight clear texture
- Ideal for soothing sensitive, weakened and damaged skin
Purito BB Cream (30ml)
- Provides a silky smooth finish to the skin
- Definitely a dewy K-Beauty glow, so one to avoid if you don't like that look.
- Here's the need to know:
- Firstly, medium coverage
- Secondly, lightweight and highly blendable texture
- Thirdly, vegan and cruelty-free
- Finally, formula is free of essential oils and fragrances
New Kbeauty Reviews on STYLE STORY
Recommendation of the Week
- Come and join our Facebook group and let us know the one K-Beauty tip or trick that has made the biggest difference to your skin.
Did you enjoy today's episode, K-Beauty approved by Royalty? If so, dont forget to leave your rating and review for the show on your favourite podcast app.
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To Kbeauty