Is This Korea's Hottest Trending Ingredient?
On this episode of the Korean Beauty Show podcast, Lauren discusses Amorepacific's new acquisition and an ingredient that's trending not only in skincare but in inner beauty products as well. She answers a listener's question about which popular global beauty brands are made in Korea.
CONNECT WITH ME
My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Kbeauty News Headlines
Amorepacific Acquires Tata Harper
- Korean beauty giant Amorepacific announced it has acquired luxury skincare brand Tata Harper
- This is in line with the company's plans to expand is business in America and Europe. It will also broaden the company's presence in Asia
- Finally, Tata Harper, the company's co-founder, will continue to lead the brand
View this post on Instagram
Glutathione Is Korea's Hottest Trending Ingredient
- Glutathione has emerged as a new trend in the inner beauty market
- It first became famous because of the white jade injection that many dermatology clinics are using
- Next, it started popping up in Korean skincare.
- Glutathione is an antioxidant and compound that combines three amino acids. It not only nremoves active oxygen, which causes aging but also inhibits melanin production in the skin. This helps with whitening, wrinkles, and skin elasticity.
- This year has seen Korean companies introduce multiple 'inner beauty' products featuring glutathione
- According to the Functional Health Food Association, the size of the domestic inner beauty market is expected to exceed 1.9 trillion won by 2025.
Domestic Consumption of Cosmetics is Up in Korea
- The domestic Korean cosmetics market grew by about 8% year-on-year over the past year-on-year.
- Part of this is because prices have been increased
- But, female consumers are also spending more, an average of 380,000 won per year
- Research reveals that consumers consider numerous things before making a purchase, including the ingredients, price and efficacy
- But buyers who prioritize the "immediate efficacy of products" spend more than 500,000 won a year on basic cosmetics, cf buyers who prioritize reasonable prices, who purchase around 300,000 won a year.
Question of the Week: Which global beauty brands are actually made in Korea?
Wishful Skincare - by influencer Huda Kattan, one of the most famous influencers and makeup artists in the world
It Cosmetics CC Cream - one of the most popular CC Creams in the western world
Glow Recipe - now valued at between $300 - 500 million and sold in Sephora around the world
- Johnson & Johnson
New Kbeauty Products
Jumiso All Day Vitamin Brightening & Balancing Facial Serum (30ml)
- Brightening serum
- Contains Vitamin Tree Extract (86.14%), Centella Asiatica, Sea Buckthorn and Niacinamide
Jumiso Yes, I'm Toner AHA 5% (150ml)
- An AHA toner exfoliant that gently removes built-up layers of dead skin and controls oil
- Induces exfoliation to improve skin texture and hydration
- Improves your pore conditions
- Panthenol, AHA (5%), Lactobacillus, Glycerin
Tips for Using an AHA Toner
- Firstly, don't forget to patch test before applying it on your skin because this will identify any allergies or poor reactions.
- Secondly, don't forget to apply sunscreen on the days you use this because your skin may be more sensitive to the sun.
Korean Beauty Reviews on STYLE STORY
- Subi Holo Dream Mask Review
- "I started with a sample of the Subi Holo Dream Mask. It works so well on my face. My skin glows and is so soft and clean, all pores gone! From there I started to get all products from the Subi Family. Very very happy with them all. Will definitely come back to get more!"
- APLB Booster Clinic Hair Essence Review
New Review for the Korean Beauty Show Podcast
- She knows everything about Korean beauty ❤️ by Tahi rua on July 13, 2022
- "I absolutely love this podcast ❤️if u want to learn about Korean beauty then this is the podcast for you !! Learning from this queen has dramatically fixed my skin barrier, I’m in shock and awe ❤️❤️❤️❤️Can’t recommend enough!"
Recommendation of the Week: Songpyeon
- Because it was Chuseok over the weekend I wanted to introduce you to some of the food that’s eaten here for this holiday
- Classics like galbijjim (갈비찜), japchae(잡채) and jeon(전)
- One of the most famous is songpyeon (송편), half-moon shaped rice cakes made with natural food coloring. Then, they are stuffed with sweetened fillings.
Did you enjoy today's episode - Is This Korea's Hottest Trending Ingredient?
If so please rate and review the show on your favourite podcast app or via STYLE STORY's Google Review page.
STYLE STORY - Your Go To for Kbeauty