Episode Title: Cosmetic Surgery in Korea Set to Rise
On today's news headlines episode of the Korean Beauty Show podcast, Lauren discusses the expected rise in cosmetic surgery in Korea in the post-COVID world, plus whether anti aging hair care is the next K-Beauty trend. She announces the winners of the podcast review giveaway. Plus, I Dew Care is now available at STYLE STORY.
CONNECT WITH ME
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club:https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
K-Beauty News Headlines
Is Anti Aging Hair Care the next Kbeauty trend?
Multiple brands have released anti aging hair care products
Aimed at concealing grey hair
Aims to tackle hair loss and strengthen the roots
None of the products contain the recently banned ingredient 1,2,4 trihydroxybenzene
Cosmetic Surgery in Korea Set to Rise
In the post-COVID world Korea is expected to be one of the top destinations for cosmetic surgery tourism
An uptick of articles warning of the dangers of doing surgery abroad and be prepared for additional costs
About a third of Korean women between the ages of 19 and 29 have undergone cosmetic surgery and some estimates suggest as many as 70% of high school students have undergone eye surgery.
Podcast Competition Winners
- Alysse C
- Alyssa Bermudez
- Abby J
Please get in touch with us to claim your Jelly Ko prizes
Latest Kbeauty Reviews on STYLE STORY
- 5 star review Jelly Ko Cherry Blossom Sleeping Mask
- "Putting it on feels like a spa treatment, and my skin is so soft and smooth the next day! Like if I happen to touch my face during the day the next day, I stop in my tracks for a second and just think “wow” - so soft, so smooth!"
- 5 Star Review for Charmzone Retinol Emulsion
- Beautiful product
- "I've been using this product for a short time and absolutely love it! If not only feels beautiful on my skin but hydrates it beautifully. Oh, and the scent is amaaaaazzzing. I can use this product after toner and then apply sunscreen and people often comment about how good my skin looks. Will definitely continue to use this product. Highly recommended :)"
- Review for Subi Perfect Pimple Patch
- The longer you wear them, the better the results
- "What impressed me most about this product is that it smoothed / evened out the skin like nothing I’ve ever seen before! I found that the longer I was able to keep the patches on, the better results I got. The best result came after I accidentally left a patch on for a whole day and night. I move around a lot when I sleep and I found that sometimes I would put a patch on before bed and wake up to find it gone. Would love if they had a few more patches in the packet as I lost a few of them this way! Will definitely be repurchasing though as the post-inflammatory pigmentation/acne scars that these patches save you from is priceless."
Latest Kbeauty Releases on STYLE STORY - I Dew Care
I DEW CARE
creates fun skin care that is as colorful as it is effective. The Korean brand makes products for oily and blemish-prone skin, dry and depleted skin and dull skin.
Popular I DEW CARE products include the Juicy Kitten Purifying Power-Green Serum and the Bright Side Up Brightening Vitamin C Serum, all of which are vegan friendly, cruelty-free and 100% made in Korea.
Question of the Week - DIY Sheet Masks
"Can you give details about the best toners or serums to use and the type of cotton pads (I assume the Aus style are great for this)?
I have Pyunkang Yul 1/3 Pads and the APLB Noni serum, which I bought for this purpose (to justify buying a serum I didn’t really need). I also convinced myself it would be more economical and environmentally friendly not having individual wrapped masks (not sure if that is actually the case though). Would be keen to hear your thoughts on the best way to DIY."
- Get the thinnest cotton pads you can find tbecause hey will give you the most bang for buck. Thicker cotton packs will soak up more of the liquid. Also, you don't want the pad to be anything less than soaked or it can irritate your skin
- DIY sheet masks are definitely better for the environment than single use masks; obviously they aren’t a perfect solution because they also require a lot of materials to produce them and they aren’t biodegradable
- I haven't seen reusable ones that would be suitable for this type of DIY mask - if anyone knows of one, let me know. Most of the reusable ones I see look really bad for the skin, far too thick and irritating certainly to be using every day.
- Pads with a rough texture or those made from a material that has been bleached or treated with other chemicals can be too harsh on skin and trigger allergic reactions.
Recommendation of the Week - Korean Fried Chicken
The Korean fried chicken industry is worth over $7 billion dollars.
- So what makes Korean fried chicken so different? While American chicken is usually dunked in flour and buttermilk mixture, Korean fried chicken tends to be more light and crispier with a thinner batter.
- Korean chickens are usually smaller than American birds
- The most popular sauces include soy sauce and a spicier sweet and hot sauce known as "yangnyeom."
- Korean chicken is not a copy off American chicken because Koreans have been frying theirs since the 15th century
- The rise of Korean fried chicken has its roots in the Asian financial crisis, when many of the workers who were laid off from their jobs opened a chicken restaurant to survive.
Did you enjoy today's episode, "Cosmetic Surgery in Korea Set to Rise"? If so, don't forget to share a rating and review for the podcast on Apple podcasts.
Even better, share it on your social media and let everyone know.
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Kbeauty