What Are the Top Trending Products in Korea?
Curious about the top-trending products and brands in Korea right now? Lauren runs through the latest Glow Pick results. Plus, Jelly Ko is now available offline in New York City. A listener is after a K-beauty swap for Tatcha's Dewy Skin Cream.
CONNECT WITH ME
- My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
- Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
- Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
- Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/stylestory.au
- Website: www.thekoreanbeautyshow.com
- Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
K-Beauty News Headlines
Jelly Ko is now available offline at CO Bigelow
- New York’s oldest apothecary
- Over 180 years old
- Located in Greenwich Village
- Also available at their online store
Sustainable Packaging Expanding
- Rising demand for sustainable packaging is behind Toly, one of Korea’s biggest packaging manufacturers expanding its operations to a third plant
- They are offering PET packaging that looks like glass but can be moulded. It looks like glass, but has the benefits of plastic without being plastic.
Top Trending Products in Korea as Chosen By Consumers on Glow Pick
CMN reported that there were 124 brands mentioned in the top 3 among 70 categories on Glow Pick
- Oil Mist Category
- Anti-Aging Category
- Essence & Cream - Sulwhasoo topped both, firmly establishing its position in the anti-aging category
- Loose Powder Category
- Current Makeup Trends
- Light, bare and natural looking skin
- Glossy lip products
- The aegyosal trend is still going strong with products designed to create under-eye looks
- Body categories
- Iliyoon and Cetaphil performed well
- Hair Care
- The two strong categories are for hair loss and scalp care
Question of the Week: Is there a Korean product that’s similar to Tatcha’s Dewy Skin Cream?
- Tatcha’s cream imparts a dewy glow which comes from mica and is hydrating and plumping. But it’s $69 USD for $50ml and also contains artificial colorants to make it purple.
Galactomyces is a major ingredient. Other keys are Water, glycerin, propanediol, squalane.
- I don’t have an exact ingredient dupe for you but i do have two creams that perform very similarly, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream and Make Prem Watery Gel Cream
Etudecontains Hydrolyzed Collagen, Glycerin, Safflower Extract and Betaine. It is non-greasy, lightweight and suitable for normal skin
Make P:remcontains Glycerin, Panthenol, Cactus, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate. It is a lighter weight texture but great for oily skin.
New Products on STYLE STORY
Be The Skin BHA+ PORE ZERO Serum (30ml)
- Formulated with 1% naturally-derived Willow BHA™. It also contain AHA to provide smooth, clean and fresh skin with zero sebum
- In addition, it cares for the pores because it clears away dead skin and other pore-clogging substances.
- Four patented ingredients(Pine needles, Arrowhead Root Extract, Evening Primrose, ulmus macrocarpa) control sebum.
Be The Skin BHA+ PORE ZERO Toner (150ml)
- Is perfect for controlling sebum and clarifying pores because it is formulated with a high content of naturally derived Willow BHA™
- This quickly calms irritated skin and helps to clear the complexion as well
- Be The Skin BHA+ Dark Spot ZERO Cream
- Intensively cares for dark spots and blemishes
- Willow-BHA (1%) Naturally-derived BHA ingredient extracted from white willow bark. It calms angry skin with pulenly (pure+clear) and gently cares for various troubles and dead skin.
- Glycerin is a skin-replenishing and skin-restoring ingredient that helps to establish normal balance and hydration. It’s one of the many substances in skin that helps maintain a healthy look and feel, defending against dryness and working to maintain skin’s moisture level.
- Anise Fruit Extract can help to protect the skin by neutralizing free radicals present in the environment.
New Korean Skincare Reviews on STYLE STORY
5 Star Review for Tosowoong Propolis Essence
- Great essence
- I loved this essence, makes my skin very bright! definitely will come back to buy another one.
5 Star Review ford’Alba Piedmont First Spray Serum
- I can't live without this one anymore
- I carry this everywhere, its perfect, makes the skin bright and it's refreshing. Very good for the air conditioned office or airplane...or simply to every day.
5 Star Review for Jelly Ko Dewy Glaze Toner
- I love this toner
- My previous experiences with toners were disappointing, I just never see the difference. This one I noticed since the first applying. Its not so watered and I loved this texture, falls very nicely in the skin. It's my everyday toner now.
Review of the Podcast
Fan of many years by Natalia Isabella on July 7, 2022
I absolutely love this podcast! I’ve listened to it fir many years and frequently go back to my favourite episodes! Hope it never ends ❤️ Thank you Lauren for all of the hard work you put into it ! - Natalia x
Recommendation of the Week
Tester’s Club Opening Soon
Make sure you're on our mailing list and keep an eye out in your inbox: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Kbeauty