Popular Beauty Treatments in Korea in 2022
Episode Title:Popular Beauty Treatments in Korea in 2022 - Episode 94 of the Korean Beauty Show podcast
On today’s episode, Lauren is running through the top procedures in eyelashes, eyebrows and nails trending in Korean salons in 2022. If you’re wondering what beauty treatments are hot right now and how they are performed, stay tuned.
CONNECT WITH ME
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Tik Tok: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSaHUgHL/
Download Your Free Guide to K-Beauty: https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe?a=XgHS8t&g=SmUKy
This week’s podcast is brought to you by the new K-Beauty releases now available on Verishop. Shop hottest trending Korean brands (including Jelly Koand Subi Beauty) in America on verishop.com now.
Eyelash Trends in Korea
- In 2022, there is definitely a move away from lash extensions and towards lash tints and lifts. This is because false lashes are harder to maintain and when they fall out they start to look a bit grosser. Also lash tints and lifts look more natural.
- Results last for about 6 weeks and you can apply mascara over the top. Basically once your lashes grow out, it’s time to go in for a retouch.
- Looking for a salon in Seoul? Try Chloe Eyelash in Mapo Gu
Korean Nail Art Trends in 2022
- Korean nail trends are always changing but gel nails in general are the most popular.
- Nearly everyone in Korea does nail art as well, rather than just a simple one colour or a one colour and a point nail, which is popular in the States these days.
- Nail art in Korea is very seasonal, so you will notice most shops have a Christmas themed nail selection for December, cherry blossom / floral themed in spring, beach themed in summer, autumnal palette in fall etc. However, the techniques being used are what changes.
- At the moment, donut nails are really popular. This is a technique where a little bit of polish is used to create raised designs on the nails. Originally, they were being done in donut-like shapes, which is why they were called donut nails. Now, I see artists using them in a variety of shapes. I’ve got some examples tagged on my Instagram stories.
- Korean nail salons operate a little differently than western salons. Here, it’s common for salons to offer memberships. So you put down say $500 and then get a discount off every time you go; maybe a free removal of your old polish. And you essentially have $500 of store credit towards your nails every time you go in.
- Most salons also have ‘monthly nail art specials’, where they will pre-prepare some set designs for the month at ta discounted rate.
Korean Eyebrow Trends in 2022
- Brow tattooing has always been popular and this trend is continuing in 2022. Because only your eyes and eyebrows can be seen above COVID masks a lot of people have been keeping up with their lash and brow maintenance.
- Micro-shading, giving the brows a soft and powdery look, is very popular as opposed to the stamped-on look I used to see.
- If you are looking for a skilled tattoo artist in Korea, I can highly recommend Jisoo from Abil.
- A simple perm procedure to enhance the look of the eyebrows. This is similar to a lash lift, where you are just using your own natural eyebrow hairs but making them look a bit cleaner, clearer and stand out a bit more.
- It lasts about a month - 1.5 months.
- The prerequisite is that you do actually need some eyebrow hairs so this is not a good procedure for people who don’t have a good set of brow hairs to begin with. A lot of people end up doing a lift and tint at the same time to really bring out the line of their eyebrows.
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Kbeauty