Makeup is making a comeback & picking the perfect Korean primer
Episode Title: Makeup is making a comeback & picking the perfect Korean primer Episode 101 of the Korean Beauty Show podcast
On today’s episode of the Korean Beauty Show, Lauren discusses the recent news headlines that Korea’s makeup industry is set to bounce back, plus answers a listener’s question about how to pick the perfect Korean makeup primer.
CONNECT WITH ME
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Tik Tok: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSaHUgHL/
Download Your Free Guide to K-Beauty: https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe?a=XgHS8t&g=SmUKy
Kbeauty News Headlines - Cosmetic Stocks Are Up on Expectation that Mask Wearing Is On Its Way Out
- Cosmetics stocks rose recently on the expectation that it's time to take off the masks and start using colour cosmetics (i.e. makeup) again.
- Expectations are rising that it is time for the cosmetics industry, which has suffered from a "beauty recession" for two years, to make a comeback
- Stocks were up across the board for multiple Kbeauty companies including Amorepacfic, LG Househould & Healthcare, Clio, Cosmax, Kolmar, Aekyung, Tony Moly, Able CNC, Cosmecca and more.
- U.S. health authorities are expected to ease guidelines for wearing masks
- In the post COVID-19 era, people are expected to go out more, and wear more makeup
Question of the Week: Which Korean makeup primer should I use?
- Finding your perfect Korean makeup primer really depends on your goals and your skin type.
- If you prefer to mattify everything, I’d opt for something with silicones like Banila Co Prime Primer Classic.
- If you like the dewy look then you have a wide range of products:
Korean primers are often the key to getting that really glowy looking skin you’ll notice Korean celebrities have. Rather than going in with highlighting products over the top, which you can definitely still do, for a more toned down ‘lit from within glow’ add the illumination part in at your base. It will give you a much more subtle but still glowing complexion.
- This is usually the way I see celebs in their 30s and up do their makeup. The younger ones usually add more glitter and highlighter, in their eye makeup as well.
New Product Releases:
Round Lab Dokdo Toner (400ml) Super Size Version
- Round Lab's Dokdo Toneris very famous in Korea because Dokdo Island is a very special place for Koreans
- This is a triple award-winning toner that exfoliates as it hydrates.
- It is formulated with deep seawater derived from Ulleung Island, which is located off Korea's coast, close to Dokdo Island.
- It's a great formula for lightly exfoliating, clearing excess sebum and improving skin textureProtects sensitive skin and has passed testing for skin irritation
- It has a watery texture that offers refreshing toning without leaving any stickiness
- Key ingredients in Dokdo Toner include Sea Water, Sugarcane Extract, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5) and Allantoin
Dr G Red Blemish Clear Cream
- Another cult favourite product that is actually very famous in Korea, Dr G Red Blemish Clear Cream comes from Dr G, which started out as a skincare clinic in Korea
- It contains 5-Cica Complex and naturally derived ingredients. It helps to gently soothe fatigued skin from external irritations.
- It has a lightweight, non-sticky texture that is ideal for oily and combination skin
- It has been tested on sensitive skin but can also be used on acne-prone and oily skin types
- Key ingredients include 5-CICA Complex™ (Madecassoside, Madecassic Acid, Asiaticoside, Asiatic Acid and Centella Asiatica Extract), Beta Glucan and Catechins
New Kbeauty Product Reviews on STYLE STORY
- "So much improvement
- I have been using this cream for a couple of weeks and am really impressed with the improvement in my skin. Much less redness, smaller pores, and more even skin texture overall. I have seen an improvement in oiliness and haven’t had any breakouts from using the cream. The tea tree smell is so refreshing as well. Easily absorbed. Non sticky. Doesn’t pill with other products."
- Really liked this stuff
- "Really liked this moisturiser. I have tried so many over the years. The texture is lovely, it smells really nice and it gave a lot of hydration without feeling overly sticky. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this one again."