Episode Title: Korea's Obsession With the V-Line Face
Has Korea's obsession with a V-line face gone too far and does it even suit everyone? Lauren shares her thoughts, and discusses the latest releases from Toswoong, along with answering a listener's question on pregnancy safe skincare products.
CONNECT WITH ME
My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Kbeauty News Headlines
Korea's Obsession With the V-Line Face
If the latest Korean news headlines are anything to go by Korea's obsession with the V-line face shape doesn't seem to be waning any time soon.
In Korea, an egg-shaped or V-line faceis generally considered the most ideal face shape, as opposed to square jaws or round faces.
Koreans think it looks younger and more soft, whereas squarer jaws give a 'strong impression'
In addition to jawline and facial contour surgery, there are a range of procedures offered in plastic surgery and dermatology clinics to obtain a V-line face.
One such procedure is the Venus Egg Injection, a patented procedure that offers immediate results minus the scalpel
Lauren discusses her thoughts on whether the obsession has gone too far
Cosmetic Exports for Small to Medium Enterprises Falls
- Cosmetics exports for SMEs in Korea fell 9.0% year-on-year, largely due to the city blockade of China, the No. 1 exporter, and the Russia-Ukraine war.
- In contrast, exports to the US and Japan are up, 6.2% and 1.1% respectively
- Small and medium-sized companies accounted for 49.8% of the total cosmetics exports.
Question of the Week - Is Cherry Blossom Sleeping Mask Pregnancy Safe?
New Korean Beauty Products
- Restores rough skin to achieve baby-soft, smooth skin that is deeply hydrated.
- Why Bakuchiol? Retinol can be very irritating for some people, especially for dry and sensitive skin types. Bakuchiol is a nice way to get the benefits without skin irritation
- Tosowoong's Bakuchiol serum also contains glycerin, niacinamide, betaine and Panthenol
- A very versatile, easy to use Hyaluronic Acid serum that comes in a jumbo size
- Not only boosts skin but moisturises and revitalises it.
- Contains two types of HA - Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid and Sodium Hyaluronate.
- Also contains glycerin and Panthenol
- Is especially designed for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
- It exfoliates dead skin, fortifies your skin's barrier and deep cleanses.
- Unlike most foam cleanses, this one can also remove makeup
- Star ingredients Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centella Asiatica and Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract
Kbeauty Product Reviews
- 23 Years Old
- Jelly Ko Dewy Glaze Toner
- Feels lovely on the skin
- "After using an old astringent toner for years, I'm so happy that this came out just when I when I was looking for a new toner. Love how gently and moisturising it feels on the skin."
- Jelly Ko Bubble Tea Steam Cream
- Love this cream
- "Love, love, love this moisturiser. It's been my day cream for about a year now."
Review of the Korean Beauty Show Podcast
- Hooked by Abby_J :-) on July 6, 2022
- "I binged the podcast when I discovered it and now it’s part of my routine to listen every Tuesday and Thursday morning. I have quite a collection of k-beauty products after listening! I now love looking after my skin and seeing how much more hydrated my skin is. Also enjoy other insights into Korea and k-drama tips. 😄"