Korea And Australia Cracking Down on Beauty Influencers
Australia and Korea are both cracking down on beauty influencers doing the wrong thing and COSMAX has developed a new technology that will make creating beauty products even easier. Plus, exciting new releases from CKD and The History of Whoo.
CONNECT WITH ME
My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
EPISODE SUMMARY - Korea And Australia Cracking Down on Beauty Influencers
Korean Sunscreens vs Australian Sunscreens
Korean Skincare News
Korea And Australia Are Both Cracking Down on Beauty Influencers
- Korea’s Fair Trade Commission recently released their data on deceptive advertising
- Over 20,000 influencers were caught and the regulator has issued over 30,000 ‘Correction Notices’
- They are aiming to catch out influencers and people not disclosing sponsorships on Instagram, Naver Blogs and Youtube
- Many of those caught were spruiking cosmetics, diet and anti-wrinkle supplements
- The ACCC in Australia has also announced a crackdown on Australian influencers not disclosing sponsorships
- They've received hundreds of tip-offs from the public, many of them about beauty and lifestyle influencers
- The regulators are looking at influencers across a range of platforms – including Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook and Twitch
- Interestingly, both regulators expressed similar reasons for their crackdowns - namely that with the increasing amount of consumers shopping online it is very easy for them to be influenced in their purchasing decisions by things they’ve seen on social media. Therefore, if reviews aren't genuine but are ads this needs to be disclosed.
Cosmax uses AI to develop their “texture standard measurement technology”
- COSMAX has announced the development of exciting new technology in the beauty space that measures and predicts the use of cosmetics.
- Using AI is predicts things like the viscosity and elasticity of a product without actually applying it
- Previously, this has involved subjective judgment meaning it differs from person to person.
- According to Cosmax, their "Texture standard measurement" technology represents the use of cosmetics in specific and quantified figures.
Why have they developed it? Basically to speed up product development and quality verification.
Hot Issues in Cosmetics Industry in January were “Cooperation”, “Environment” and “Society”
- Beauty Nury released the results of their data analysis of industry news in January 2023
- The hot keywords were "cooperation," "environment" and "society."
- Many beauty companies are turning to overseas markets amid the current economic downturn
Question of the Week:
"Thanks so much for these shows, they really help so much! I have a question for Lauren, how long should you give to trial your skincare before deciding if it’s working or not? Also, what’s the best thing to do with products that you have only used a little bit of but found it doesn’t work? I have extremely sensitive, eczema prone skin and unfortunately I always have so many products which don’t work for me that end up just sitting in the cupboard collecting dust. At this point I don’t even know how to tell if the product is actually helping my skin or just not irritating it 😂 Any advice would be a huge help!"
New K-Beauty at STYLE STORY
CKD Retino Collagen Small Molecule 300 Cream (40ml)
- Contains 55% low-molecular-weight, water-soluble collagen & 200 ppm of stabilised third-generation Retinol to help boost your skin
- It also contains collagen supporting ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid and Elastin to reinforce your skin's barrier.
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines, deep wrinkles and laugh line
- Improves the appearance of skin elasticity in the forehead, cheeks, chin, eyes and mouth
- 1% of the profits from the sale of this product will go towards our pledge to 1% For the Planet. Share your love of beauty with the planet every time you shop at STYLE STORY.
The History Of Whoo Jinyulhyang Intensive Revitalizing Eye Cream
- A moisture-rich treat for your eyes.
- This eye cream contains wild red ginseng which provides firmness to the skin around the eyes.
- Given the time and effort required for extracting wild red ginseng, it's only found in the most luxurious and treasured Korean skincare products
- Reduces roughness in the skin around eye areas and gives you a freshened and bright look
New Korean Beauty Product Reviews
"Great eye cream
I have very sensitive skin, especially around the eyes. This cream is lovely and has lasted a very long time."
"My skin NEEDED this!
On a cleaned face, I gently applied via my fingertips this skin balm, and immediately I could feel it sink into my dry skin!!
I’ve found that a little goes a long way.
Great product! 👍"
"Love Secret Key
After 2 weeks I noticed skin feeling supple, I normally have very dry skin but after using Secret Key it feels more hydrated"
Recommendation of the Week
Another podcast recommendation - Sweet Bobby
- An absolute must if you love true crime podcasts and investigations
- The producers describe it as an investigation into one of the "world’s most sophisticated catfishers". It’s a podcast about "who we are online, and how social media can be weaponised as a tool of abuse and coercion".
Did You Enjoy Today's Episode Korea And Australia Are Both Cracking Down on Beauty Influencers?
If so, make sure to leave a rating and a review!
STYLE STORY - Your Go To for Kbeauty Since 2014