CONNECT WITH ME
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Tik Tok: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSaHUgHL/
Download Your Free Guide to K-Beauty: https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe?a=XgHS8t&g=SmUKy
Kbeauty News Headines:
Duty-free stores have teamed up with professional Chinese resellers
Korea's duty free stores have become desperate for revenue during the pandemic. Some stores have become mini-broadcasting studios for the resellers to broadcast products to their feeds / audiences on Douyin (Chinese Tik Tok)
Resellers buy the items tax free in Korea in bulk and then re-sell them on their sites and in their stores back in China
Korean duty free stores tend to sell their products at about 60% of the retail price
Visitors to Korea were down by 1663% year on year in 2021, which has hit duty free stores particularly badly
The duty free stores are also paying commissions of around 15 - 25% to the live streamers
A Marriage in K-Drama, Kbeauty Land
- The other big news this week was that Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin got married. Between them they have covered the gamut of Kbeauty endorsements covered, spruiking everything from face masks, hair care products to beauty gadgets
- Over the years Son Ye Jin has been a brand ambassador for many beauty companies and products. She has endorsed everything from Vanav, O’Hui, Manyo Factory, Jenny House, Missha, Skin Inc.
- Hyun Bin is currently very well known for working with for Mediheal and Dr For Hair
- They will have a combined fortune of US$41 million (his US$21 million and her US$20 million, according to the K Drama Stars and Celebrity Net Worth websites) plus a combined property value of around US$27 million.
"Is Dr Jart Color Correcting Cream a mineral based sunscreen? I am allergic to chemical sunscreen products"
- Its true that Dr Jart's Color Correcting Cream (which is known as Dr Jart Tiger Grass Color Correcting Cream in the US) contains two active sunscreen ingredients, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide
- However, this is not a primary sunscreen product but a makeup product. It's designed to cover, correct and conceal redness.
- For proper sun protection, you still need to use a special purpose SPF in tandem with this product.
- Just to recap physical / mineral sunscreens contain active mineral ingredients that work by sitting on top of the skin to deflect damaging UV rays away from the skin. Chemical sunscreens, on the other hand, absorb rays like a sponge using ingredients like oxybenzone, avobenzone, octisalate, octocrylene, homosalate, or octinoxate.
K-Beauty Product Releases
- Very excited to share Jelly Ko's latest release with you. It's a deliciously hydrating toner that’s bursting with juicy goodness.
- Your skin will drink up this blend of hydrators, humectants and antioxidants. Rather than plain old water, we infused it with birch sap to plump and nourish skin
- Contains a whopping 155g of product
- Star ingredients include Birch Sap water, 3 types of hyaluronic acid, Blueberry, Strawberry & Blackberry, Chinaberry Plant Extract, Adenosine, Arginine, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5)
"It’s like magic!
This invisible powder sets my makeup and leaves me looking fresh and not shiny. Perfect I love that it doesn’t add more colour or bulk to my face."
"Amazing! Now my holy grail!
I am so impressed with this BB cream! It’s very high coverage for a BB cream (more like medium coverage foundation) but SUPER lightweight and gives the most beautiful natural, dewy finish which sets down beautifully with powder.
It doesn’t transfer at all when I touch my face and has amazing staying power.
It looks flawless with any primer I use under it and is truly a remarkable product and so affordable!
I mix one pump of this (shade 27) with one pump of the Missha Signature Real Complete BB cream (shade 23) every morning and it’s my holy grail. I couldn’t use anything else now.
Limited shade range is the only thing that lets it down."
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Kbeauty