Episode Title: Is This K-Beauty Brand Worth $500 Million?
On today's episode Lauren reveals which K-Beauty brand is eyeing a sale worth up to $500 million after launching just 8 years ago. Plus, K-Beauty brands are jumping on the dyed shampoo trend and Rose from Black Pink has just been announced as the brand ambassador for one of Korea's heritage luxury skincare brands.
CONNECT WITH ME
My Instagram: www.instagram.com/lauren.kbeauty
Shop Kbeauty: www.stylestory.com.au
Style Story’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/stylestory_kbeauty
Jelly Ko’s Instagram: www.instagram.com/jellyko_official
Sign Up to Our Mailing List to Join Tester's Club: https://stylestory.com.au/pages/free-gift-signup
Korean Beauty Brands Are Jumping In On the Dyed Shampoo Trend
- Firstly, competition in the dyed shampoo market is intensifying because large and SMEs are joining the market
- Dye shampoo are products that naturally darken gray hairs when washed.
- In Korea, the market was formed with the first release of the brand "Modamoda."
- Interestingly, its not only middle aged people who are buying these products, but increasingly more in the MZ generation
- Although the market is in its early stages it is growing considerably
- There are two main methods:
- an oxidation method that produces a browning effect through oxidation; and
- a coating method that darkens the grey roots by coating the hair.
Brands are Releasing their Chuseok specials and offers
Chuseok is Korean thanksgiving, so offline stores have a lot of events designed to get people spending
Nearly every major brand is doing press releases advertising their offers at the moment
Black Pink’s Rose Has Been Announced as the Brand Ambassador for Sulwhasoo
- Sulwhasoo is a heritage Korean beauty brand
They've teamed up with Rose to produce a film "FROM 1932 TO YOU", which showcases Sulwhasoo's historical major moments.
- The brand started out selling camellia oil in 1932.
Glow Recipe Eyeing a Sale for $500 Million
- K-Beauty inspired brand Glow Recipe is apparently exploring a sale between $400 to $500 million
- They are working with Goldman Sachs
- Did $80 million in revenue
- Brand founded in 2014 and started selling in Sephora in 2017
New K-Beauty Releases in September 2022 on STYLE STORY
This leave-in treatment repairs damaged hair strands because it contains silk aminos. In addition, it protects hair from heat, strengthens and reduces hair breakage. Further, it also provides immediate visible results.
Especially designed for people with fizzy, damaged hair caused by styling, perming and hair dyeing.
The star ingredients are:
- Firstly, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extracthelps in making the hair follicles healthier and it also promotes the growth of your hair.
Secondly, Silk Amino Acids treat damage and add a protective barrier that seals in moisture, making hair more manageable and less prone to breakage.
Strengthens and improves hair by smoothing and sealing hair fibers. It contains 5 natural derived oils and cermaides to provide a solution for dry, dull, damaged hair.
New K-Beauty Reviews on STYLE STORY
- "This eye cream works very well, the texture and applicator is a good size and feel, makes your skin feel hydrated and soft. Eye bags and fine lines went away after a week."
- Another lovely serum
- "Seems really nice. I haven't found an APLB product I haven't liked yet."
- As soft as cloud
- "I love the Subi Powder Cleanser so much that I am about to order a double dose soon so I will never run out of it. It is so gentle and foams like cloud on my face. Great to take on a trip as well! It is definitely on my packing list for my next trip."
Review of the Korean Beauty Show Podcast
K beauty obsessed by SkinHoney on July 10, 2022
- If you’re a fan of Kbeauty, this is the best place to hear allllll about it without the tiktok vibes!
Recommendation of the Week
- Get outside and enjoy the change of seasons
STYLE STORY - Your Go-To for Kbeauty