Why the 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine is a Lie | Ep 01
To start off, we’re exploring a topic that is slightly controversial – why the 10 Step Korean Beauty Routine is a lie.
In today’s episode, we’ll discover where the concept originated, what the “steps” of the 10 Step Routine are supposed to involve, and what to focus on instead when getting started with K-Beauty.
Topics discussed in “Why the 10 Step Korean Skincare Routine is a Lie | Ep 01”
- 10 Steps of Korean skincare was a term coined by an American marketer.
- The truth is that although Korean beauty routines are multi-step there is no such thing as one “10 step routine“ that all Korean women follow.
- Women’s skincare routines are as varied as they are – some people tend more towards the minimalist side and some people use multiple steps of skincare.
- What IS true is that a typical Korean skincare routine does contain many more steps than a typical western routine but that’s also changing a lot these days too.
- What does the “10 Step Routine” look like?
- It goes a bit like this: a balm or oil cleanser (1), a foaming cleanser (2), an exfoliant (3), a toner (4), an essence (5), an ampoule or serum (6), a sheet mask (7), an eye cream (8), a moisturizer (9), and then either a thicker night cream or sleeping mask or an SPF (10).
- Don’t let the idea of a 10 Step Routine turn you off K-Beauty
- The easiest way to find the best skincare routine for your skin is to try out some different products and routines and see which fits you best.
- Whether it’s a 10 Step Routine or a simpler one there is no one-size-fits-all approach in either K-Beauty or skincare generally.
Resources for this Episode
What to do if you Liked This Episode
Don’t forget to leave a review for this podcast!
GET IN TOUCH:
Got a beauty question you want answered? Get in touch with us here.
Join our Facebook Group here.
Want beauty tips delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up to the SS newsletter here.