EPISODE 12 – Latest K-Beauty Product Release Round-Up
Episode Title: Latest K-Beauty Product Release Round Up Ep-12
Episode Summary: If there’s one thing you can always count on with K-Beauty it’s new beauty. Koreans are obsessed with the “next big thing” in beauty and are never content to keep using the same old stuff.
Cue – Korean skincare companies, always keen to find the season’s next trend! From new products, ingredients and concepts Korean skincare is always coming out with the latest trends.
In Latest K-Beauty Product Release Round Up Ep-12, we’re running some of the best new Korean skincare releases!
1 – APLB Idebenone Ampoule Serum (50ml)
Idebenone is a new antioxidant ingredient that’s trending in K-Beauty and it’s not hard to see why. Not only can it assist with managing wrinkles and fine lines, it is ideal for skin that has been damaged by the environment. It helps with textural issues.
Antioxidants are, rightly, having a big moment in beauty. This is because they help prevent or delay damage to skin cells from free radicals such as pollution and sun damage.
APLB has combined hard-hitting antioxidant Idebenone with patent ingredients. This gives it the added benefits of brightening and improving elasticity. Considering it is a fraction of the price of other popular Idebenone Serums on the market, this is one serum not to skip!
Who Should Use It:
- All skin types
- Anyone looking to add antioxidants to their routine
- Those with signs of premature aging
- Dull skin tones
- Skin lacking in elasticity
- pH balanced
- Cruelty Free
- No Synthetic Dyes
- Paraben Free
2 – Beigic Regenerating Oil (35ml)
This product is a winner of multiple Allure “Beauty Awards”.
Beigic Regenerating Oil is a fast absorbing blend of pure oils. It brightens skin while keeping it hydrated, healthy and glowing no matter the weather. The price point is higher to reflect the fact that it is fair trade, vegan and cruelty free because unfortunately, those certifications don’t come cheap.
Why I Love It
The lightweight formula penetrates the skin straight away to leave our skin intensely hydrated with a dewy glow.
All Beigic products use only organic and Fair Trade certified premium coffee beans from Peru.
It has a watery consistency that is light enough to wear under makeup for an extra glow. The formula is:
- made without silicones, SLES, SLS, parabens, artificial colours or fragrances;
- 100% vegan and cruelty free.
Who It’s Good For:
- Skin that is lacking vitality
- Dryness and tightness
Beigic Regenerating Oil contains:
- Organic Green Coffee Bean Oil
- Argan Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Rosehip Oil
- Almond Oil
You asked for it and Purito heard you – behold a 100% unscented version of their best-selling Centella Serum and Toner These are both great options for super sensitive skin. If you’ve been hesitating to use the existing Centella products because your skin is particularly sensitive to fragrance and alcohols, then this is the product for you!
Why They’re Great
If essential oils are a problem for your skin, it can be a struggle to find products to use, especially in K-Beauty.
With this unscented version of their popular Centella Serum, Purito has upgraded the product’s safety while maintaining its efficacy, removing essential oils completely from the formula. Not only that, it is completely free of alcohol and other harsh ingredients.
- Mild serum for truly sensitive skin
- Does not contain any essential oils
- Promotes the synthesis of collagen
- Strengthens the skin’s barrier with Centella Asiatica
- Provides excellent effects of skin regeneration and skin problem
- Makes the skin stronger and healthier, starting from the inside out
- Provide radiant vitality energy to the uneven skin tone and skin darkened from scars.
Purito’s Unscented Serum contains:
- 49% Centella Extract, which prevents premature aging and calms damaged skin and skin with a weakened barrier.
4 – APLB Propolis Collagen Eye Cream (70ml)
- Ideal for wrinkles and fine lines.
- Combines functional ingredients like peptides with propolis and collagen
Why It’s Great
For many people, the under-eye area is more delicate and thinner than the skin on the rest of our faces, which necessitates a different approach to dealing with damage and signs of aging.
This formula beautifully hydrating and provides lasting moisture to dry, dull, damaged and aging skin.
- Intensely nourishes and hydrates the delicate skin around the eyes
- Improves brightening, fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and a weakened surface
- Hanbang style serum that incorporates some of the ingredients used in Korea’s Joseon Dynasty in a modern formulation
- 63% Ginseng Root Water and 3% Snail Secretion Filtrate.
- Toxin-free formula using only EWG Green Grade rated ingredients
- Protects the skin from external stimuli by retaining moisture deep in the skin
- Helps maintain skin elasticity
Ingredients Beauty of Joseon Snail Mucin Serum contains:
- Ginseng (63%)
- Snail Mucin (3%)
- Niacinamide (2%)
- Adenosine (2%)
6 – Tosowoong Spot Whitening Vita Clinic Ampoule Serum
This serum is packed full of brightening Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Licorice and Sea Buckthorn fruit extracts to lighten up dull skin tone, pigmentation, melasma and more It gives instant hydration to the skin, filling it with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are great for fighting aging.
The Vitamin C content comes from the star ingredient sea buckthorn extract, which contains 200 times more Vitamin C than apples and 30 more than lemons and Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a stable form of Vitamin. It gives faster visible results, and offers a much better stability profile than any known direct-acting form of Vitamin C, such as L-Ascorbic Acid.
Who Should Use It
All types and ages.
- Helps to manage dull skin
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and nutrients
- Vitamin C (Stable form Ethyl Ascorbic Acid) – unlike other Vitamin C derivatives, this ethylated form acts directly like Vitamin C, is closer in molecular weight to actual Vitamin C which allows for faster visible results. It offers a much better stability profile than any known direct-acting form of Vitamin C.
- Sea Buckthorn Fruit Extract and Oil, which has potent antioxidant properties.
- Nicotinoyl Tripeptide-1 – is expected to have both skin brightening and anti-wrinkle effects.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract
SOME BY MI Snail Truecica is formulated with the brand’s patented Snail Truecica™, which contains black snail, and 5 types of ceramide components to strengthen skin’s barrier. They protect skin from external stress and can also help prevent it from experiencing sensitivities. The brand claims that their snail cream in particular is a good option for those who dislike sticky snail creams.
Why It’s Great
Formulated with snail, tea tree, cica and mugwort, it has a good formula that skips out on artificial fragrance and colors, parabens, sulfates, animal products, mineral oil and silicone.
Who Should Use It
- Those with redness
- Acne scars
- A damaged skin barrier
- Provides soothing care for skin
8 – APLB Aloe Hyaluronic Cream (70ml)
This cream strikes the right balance between hydrating and mattifying in a texture that won’t weigh the oily parts of your skin down. APLB’s unique blend of patented ingredients adds aloe vera, niacinamide, sodium hyaluronate and more to your skin, leaving it fresh and hydrated.
- pH 5.5 balanced, like most APLB products
- Soothes and calms skin
- Hydrates and tightens pores for a clearer complexion
- Locks in moisture and delivers intense nutrition to skin