Korean Beauty Eye Creams Ep-30
Episode Title: Korean Beauty Eye Creams Ep-30
Wondering if you should bother with an eye cream? Searching for the best one? Then stick around, because on today’s episode, the eyes have it.
CONNECT WITH ME
Tik Tok: https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSaHUgHL/
Download Your Free Guide to K-Beauty: https://mailchi.mp/f845eb5d20cd/guidetokbeauty
Why Eye Creams?
As the skin around our eyes is the thinnest and most sensitive on our faces, it’s usually where the first signs of aging show up. Often, it’s when those first lines crop up that we think about incorporating an eye cream into our skincare routines.
What causes the signs of aging around our eyes?
The skin around your eyes is around ten times thinner than the skin on the rest of your face. This means that your eye skin gets less of the benefits of your natural oils. Sebum is the stuff that keeps your skin smooth and appropriately moisturised. On top of this, the effects of being outside (think urban pollution and UV rays) have an impact on your skin.
Although we’re all different and the effects of aging happen no matter how well we live, there are a few things that can speed the aging process up. These include:
- Excessive alcohol intake;
- Sun exposure
The reason fine lines and wrinkles show up is because of a gradual loss of collagen and elasticity.
Can’t I just use my usual moisturiser on my eyes?
Although it’s true that eye creams are moisturisers, not all moisturisers are eye creams.
What sets eye creams apart from your facial moisturiser is that:
- Eye creams are formulated especially for anti-aging. Ingredients commonly found in eye creams include Niacinamide, Peptides, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Hyaluronic Acid;
- They are made to be gentle enough to not trigger irritation on the particularly sensitive areas around your eyes. This is not necessarily true for all moisturisers.
In addition, if you’re looking to get started with a preventative anti-aging eye cream while you’re in your 20s, you need to watch out for the formulation of your products. Typical anti-aging moisturisers are going to be too thick for young skin.
What’s the best way to apply Eye Cream?
Softly and gently.
Lightly tap and massage eye creams onto our skin, making sure to give it enough time to fully absorb.
Although it’s tempting, don’t use too much cream each application. Eye creams have a minimum effective dose and going above it won’t get you better results. In fact, if you over-do it, you may end up with millia. These are unsightly little white dots caused by clogged pores from too much product
I recommend using no more than a pea-sized amount.
How To Get More Bang for Your Buck With an Eye Cream
Apply it to marionette lines and neck lines as well! These areas are similarly prone to wrinkles and fine lines.
Eye Products I Love
- For a luxurious eye cream that won’t break the bank, try APLB’s Daily Miracle Eye Cream. Addressing all the key concerns (eye bags, fine lines and puffiness), this eye cream revitalizes the skin around your eyes.
- A long time favourite of jet-setting flight attendants, d’Alba’s White Truffle Multi Treatment Eye Cream helps you fight the appearance of fine lines no matter where you are in the world. White Truffle revives tired skin and locks in moisture, smoothing out wrinkles.
- If you’re looking for some additional brightening to reduce dark circles under your eyes, Purito’s Centella Green Level Eye Cream ticks all boxes. A great summertime eye cream, this lightweight formulation is 100% vegan and artificial fragrance free.
- For an award winning product that scored highly in blind testing try Benton Fermentation Eye Cream. Packed full of skin-friendly fermented ingredients and ceramides, this eye cream gently cares for the delicate under-eye skin while also realising anti-aging benefits. It showed a wrinkle reduction of 5.82% after 28 days of clinical trials.
- Heimish Bulgarian Rose Hydrogel Eye Patch – These luxurious eye patches attach perfectly to the delicate skin under your eyes, delivering the active ingredients precisely where they are needed, allowing skin to absorb the essence. They are eco-friendly – simply dissolve them in water once you’re finished using them.
What To Do If You Liked Today’s Episode – Korean Beauty Eye Creams Ep-30
- Come and find me on Instagram and let me know whether you use an eye cream!
- Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast so you don’t miss future episodes. If you leave a review I’ll read it out on the show.